We’ve all thought of ways to reduce our taxes. But is there a way to prevent them in the first place? Would you believe me if I say you can?
Well… YOU CAN!
We always assume the taxman is our enemy and we can’t avoid paying taxes, but that is not COMPLETELY true! There are strategies that can help you do exactly just that.
And if you’re wondering how to use the full potential of trust strategies, we’ve got you covered.
In this podcast episode, Moss brings in his tax expert friend, who has an overwhelming knowledge of tax and trust strategies. Sohail Merchant is in the house! And they will help us not only understand these concepts but also to outsmart them!
TRUST US! This episode is worth listening to!
- 00:00 Welcome to Helpmebuy Property Podcast
- 01:01 Discussing Tax Strategies Before Investing in Properties
- 03:50 What is the Difference Between Positive Cash Flow and Positively Geared?
- 06:01 Identifying the Depreciation Trap
- 09:35 Beating the Taxman at His Own Game
- 14:05 Light Capital Gains Exemption
- 15:33 How to Successfully Use Trusts
- 21:20 Cons of Trusts in Property Investing
- 24:07 A Trust Can Have Its Borrowing Capacity in the Future
- 25:56 Multiple Trusts Mean Multiple Thresholds
- 27:24 Difference Between a Unit Trust and a Family Trust
If you find this episode insightful, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in,
and share it with others for getting ahead in property investing!
About the Guest:
Sohail Merchant took up his master’s in Professional Accountancy at the University of Canberra and his Post Graduate Diploma of Business (IS) at Edith Cowan University (ECU). He is the Managing Director of Taxvisors Financial Group, an SMSF expert, a Tax Agent, and a Property Developer.
Visit Taxvisors Financial Group: https://www.facebook.com/TaxvisorsFinancialGroup/
Connect with Sohail’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sohail-merchant-0a4950200/